The Alternative Health Care for the People is a social health advocacy program initiated by UNIWELL or Universal Wellness Development Center, Inc. Our current social health advocacy program, a community-based program is pursued in partnership with Premium Health Provider Int'l. Inc.
UNIWELL is a non-governmental organization for the promotion of traditional and alternative health and home care products and services in the grassroots.
UNIWELL in essence is a citizen’s collective action, which not only helps maintain a healthy mind and body and healthy ecological balance but also create a vibrant and sustainable economic activity, one that can create livelihood and help provide a better quality of living for themselves and the people.
UNIWELL was started in 2006 to promote alternative and traditional healthcare and advocacies. It has conducted basic reflexology/ acupuncture training to equip and train health workers and advocates in Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya, Baguio City, Mountain Province and Pangasinan. It was formally established in August 2010.
We work for a world, where all the people and communities are healthy and safe, and where the abundance of the Earth is preserved for all the generations to come.
Harness economic empowerment — the strength of consumers, families, people’s organizations — to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society.
OUR PROGRAM OBJECTIVES
1. Health promotion and environmental protection – Actively promote the principles and practice of traditional and alternative health care as a way of life;
continuously advocate organic and/or eco-frienly products and act for the protection of our family’s health and the environment;
2. Arouse and mobilize people in their economic roles – as consumers, family, development workers and entrepreneur/business leaders;
3. Socio-economic-ecological upliftment –creating and developing a sustainable livelihood/ enterprise in the localities serving the socio-economic- ecological upliftment of the people and the environment.
4. Gender Equality – we seek to remove all forms of gender discrimination against women and ensure their participation in various levels of the advocacy and similar endeavor;
5. Empowerment – empowers and enriches oneself and the people by propagating fair trade and fair generation of wealth through social entrepreneurship;
6. Create a local resource center for advocacy/education, solidarity and networking and serve as a venue for catalyzing citizens' participation and action.